Building a successful swine facility doesn’t just happen. It requires an expertise in the industry as a whole, and a thorough understanding of your operation and workflow in particular. With that knowledge, we can provide innovative solutions and help you overcome potential hurdles. Whether it’s a sow farrow-to-wean or wean-to-finish, nursery, boar stud or remodel, our designers and engineers can help you find greater cost and time efficiencies and maximize your production and investment.
Smarter buildings equal greater profit margins
Today, a swine production facility can produce a faster-growing, healthier animal. The key is to consider every aspect of the operation, and engineer the building for maximum profitability. Summit looks at everything from lighting positioning to ventilation, air change rates to supply air filtration, heating, feeding, power surge protection and backup power systems. Every aspect is considered and then engineered as a complete building. One that can work together to create a better environment with lower energy costs and reduced water loss.
The control you need
Our control systems help you gauge animal health and facility safety and make real-time decisions. It’s valuable information that can reduce operating costs, and even improve the quantity and quality of meat.
- Feed consumption: Know when you’ll run out of feed, and when you need to re-order
- Water consumption: Set alerts for when water consumption goes down, so you know when your animals are getting sick and can react faster
- Gestation times
- Breeding times
- Temperature alerts
- Unauthorized entry alerts
- Audio and visual checks: With cameras throughout, you can see and hear your facility wherever you are and respond accordingly
- Power alerts
We even offer smart controls that will automatically reprogram fan performance curves based on the number of head in the building at one time. All of our controls can be accessed anywhere in the world, in real time, from your computer, tablet or smart phone.
Healthier, more sustainable environments
By providing a more comfortable, healthier environment for your swine and staff, you create a more sustainable business.
- Healthier animals grow faster
- Require less days to market
- Reduce the cost to finish per head
- Consistently produce a better quality of meat
- Deliver more turns per building per year
- Satisfies government requirements and societal norms
- Increases production while decreasing overhead
A better life cycle analysis
A large swine facility is not a short-term investment. Yet if it’s not engineered for structural integrity using durable, proven materials and construction processes, it will have a shortened life cycle and greater replacement and maintenance costs. In our experience it’s always better to plan it right, specify it right and build it right.
We consider and engineer the systems within the structure, as well. This includes feed systems, ventilation, even the individual components such as pressure washer line components.