There are lots of ways to get it done. There’s one way to get it done right. There are multiple factors in building a dairy facility, and timing is of the essence. When Summit acts as the general contractor, we create a comprehensive plan, communicate the plan, work the plan and ensure that the job is completed. Exactly as planned.
Comprehensive Construction Management
Summit’s turnkey approach takes away the issues associated with fractionalized project management. When you hire us as a GC, we’ll manage every aspect of the building process, including:
- Partnering with registered PE’s in your area for smoother permitting
- Maintaining a network of qualified liaisons between you and the state and federal agencies
- Managing procurement to get the right materials at the best price
- Supervising, coordinating and communicating with subcontractors
- Communicating and coordinating with all involved parties, vendors and company stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive schedule that includes:
- site preparation
- concrete foundations and flatwork
- management of vendors and vendor schedules
- construction of dairy facility by our own corporate crew
Building a large dairy facility has its risks. What if it doesn’t meet EPA standards? What if it’s not on budget or on time? What if there’s an accident? What if it’s a poor investment?
When Summit manages the construction, our approach to vendor relationships and communications, our adherence to deadlines, and insistence on best safety practices take that risk away.